MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA,YOU KILLED MY FATHER,PREPARE TO DIE.

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

'My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.'
    The infamous line from 'The Princess Bride' has been repeated the world over by fans of the cult classic but some Aussies on a Qantas flight on Sunday didn't appreciate the humor.
    Wynand Mullins boarded his Sydney flight wearing a T-shirt with the movie quote and was asked to change his attire after his fellow passengers complained that they felt threatened.
    Scroll down for video.
    article-2267389-17201132000005DC-70_634x844
    The offending tee: Wynand Mullins was asked to change his shirt on a Sydney flight bound for Auckland since passengers found his message intimidating
    Mr Mullinsw was wearing a brown T-shirt printed with an image of a large 'Hello, My Name is' name tag like those often worn at parties.
    Written in the white space below were the words from the 1987 Rob Reiner film, according to Stuff.co.nz, who reported the incident.

More...
    Is Kate Upton Super Bowl commercial too racy for TV? Family group denounces 90-second spot .... BUT viewers disappointed model doesn't show more skin
    Dancing Gaga-nam style: Video of seven-month-old baby going Gangnam racks up 770,000 views in six days
    Not so easy riders: The Segway drivers who can't quite master their machines
    He said that while he waited to board his plane, bound for his native Auckland, New Zealand, he did receive a few looks from other passengers.
    When he finally boarded the flight, a Qantas flight attendant informed him that other passengers felt intimidated by the message of his shirt.
    All in good fun: The quote has become a running joke and has been plastered on items for fans
    'The flight attendant said to me, "Are you able to remove it because some of the passengers are quite intimidated by it." I thought it was all a bit silly. The person next to me was laughing, because they knew the movie,' he told the website.
    He told the airline employee that he didn't have a change of clothes and joked that he hoped he could wear the pilot's shirt.
    The flight attendant ended up dropping the issue and never returned to Mullins' seat.
    'I wouldn't be surprised if they had someone watching me the whole time,' he said, calling the experience 'a bit over the top, but also a bit comical.'
    The line is a bit of joke to most people familiar with the movie, a fairytale parody.
    In the film, actor Mandy Patinkin portrays Montoya - an expert swordsman on a mission to revenge the death of his father.
    In interviews, Mr Patinkin has said that he had no idea the line would become so legendary.
    'That line. I didn't know that it would become what it became. Matter of fact, when I first read it I went, "God, I don't have a lot to say but I say that over and over again."'
    Though the words evoke laughter from fans, it actually takes a more somber tone for the actor who delivered them.
    He lost his father in 1972 and said that the quote, 'hit a chord with me that I want my father back just like [Montoya] does.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...l#ixzz2IsncWWKY
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

0 replies since 24/1/2013, 10:19   40 views