KATE WINSLET BAGS HERSELF A BRANSON

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

SNN2209A_532_1379562a

SNN2209X_532_1379560a
    HOLLYWOOD star Kate Winslet shares a joke with the man she has grown close to — Richard Branson's married nephew Ned Rocknroll.
    BRIT lands prestigious award for Mildred Pierce as Downton Abbey also wins big
    Kate Winslet is a cream crackerKate Wins Gloria Estefan frock offKate and Keira's Palme PhwoarWinslet flees fire on Branson isle
    The pair, who were snapped in central London this week, hit it off on the Virgin boss's Caribbean holiday island of Necker.

They were guests on the island when it was devastated by a fire last month. And sources say the couple — who were in London to attend the memorial service of Branson's dad Ted — have been an item ever since.

Ned, 33, works for his uncle's space venture Virgin Galactic.

He changed his surname by deed poll from Abel Smith because he thought it would better suit his role at the firm.

He married society heiress Eliza Cowdray, 23, in a lavish pagan ceremony in 2009 at her family's sprawling estate in Sussex. Princess Beatrice was among the guests.

But although the couple split earlier this year, Eliza has claimed she wants to make a go of the marriage.

She said: "I've changed my mind about the divorce. I am hoping this will turn out to be more of a break.

Triumph ... Kate Winslet at the Emmys
    Getty
    "I have never stopped loving him and we are soulmates. We're not getting divorced."

But it seems Ned — the son of Branson's sister Lindy — has found happiness with Kate.

Split ... Ned Rocknroll and society wife Eliza Cowdray
    The Picture Library
    A source said: "Ned was heartbroken and went to Necker to take his mind off things. But when Kate came out they really hit it off. They had met before on the island but both were in relationships.

"When they left they travelled to New York to be together."

And even scooping an Emmy for her role in Mildred Pierce couldn't take Kate's mind off Ned.

The source added: "Kate has been so happy. At the Emmys all she did was keep showing people pictures of Ned and talking about him."

Kate, 35, split from first husband Jim Threapleton in 2001. They have one daughter Mia. She had son Joe with second husband Sam Mendes. Their marriage fell apart last year.

Eliza was unavailable for comment last night.

0 replies since 22/9/2011, 10:40   855 views