DOUG PITT BROTHER BRAD PHOTO

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Brad Pitt's look-alike brother Doug enjoys his new-found celebrity, and says Brad and Angie 'do a pretty good job at being normal'

By Daily Mail Reporter

article-0-13FEE28E000005DC-28_634x312
    New-found fame: Doug Pitt admits to being 'thrilled with the response' to the Virgin Mobile Australia video which spoofs his very normal life

'How does this feel?' asked NBC anchor Lauer.

'Do you like the attention? You've lived for all this time with Brad getting all the attention - how do you like it?'

Doug reveals that he was surprised about the worldwide attention on the video which spoofs his very normal life.

'Honestly, I thought it would just play in Australia, and so ... I told nobody - employees, friends ... all of a sudden I start getting calls and I panicked,' he said.

But Brad's older brother admitted that he was ultimately 'thrilled with the response'.

article-2171199-13FEE28A000005DC-705_634x306
    Big brother: Doug told the Today show's Matt Lauer that his brother Brad was okay with him doing the campaign, and thinks the video is 'hilarious'

Doug also told Lauer that he called Brad to ask his permission to do the campaign.

'He's been in this game for 25 years and I've never stepped in ... but when this came along I did call him and said "Whaddya think?" and he said "Do it! It sounds great!"'

Doug also reveals that when Brad saw the spoof video, he sent his older brother a text saying he thought it was 'hilarious'.

A small business owner and philanthropist, Doug told Lauer he usually fields questions about his famous younger brother at least twice a week.

Most of the time, Doug said, the questions are 'innocuous and nice': 'Does Brad come to town? What's he doin'? Loved his movie! What's Angelina like?

article-2167818-13E59005000005DC-52_634x390
    The second most famous Pitt: Doug heads a new social media campaign for Virgin Mobile Australia, but today admitted the house in the video is not his, and that in real life he's a 'terrible cook'

'Honestly my eyes just glaze over. It's been these kind of questions for a long, long time.'

Lauer: 'Now that you've had a little exposure in the limelight here, would you like to trade places with him for maybe a week just to get a sense for what his life is like?'

Doug: 'I've already had that seat to be able to watch for 25 years to see what he goes through, and there is a price that he pays, but ... to his admission he himself walked into it and he's done extremely well - I'm really proud of him.'
    article-2167818-13E5C8AC000005DC-440_306x362
    Close: Brad Pitt took his younger brother Doug to the 2004 premiere of Oceans Eleven

NBC's Lauer then asks Doug how Brad would fare if he were to step into his brother's 'more normal life'

'I think he does a pretty good job at being normal - for what normal is to he and Angie.

'They do the best they can. They do a great job shutting out the noise to some degree.'

But Doug's new-found celebrity has already put him at the centre of controversy, after his mother Jane wrote a letter to her local newspaper urging fellow Christians to vote against President Obama, 'a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage'.

In the Today interview, Lauer makes mention of the letter, and points out that Mama Pitt's views on politics and social issues 'are different' to her famous son Brad's views.

Doug handles the topic with apparent ease, telling Lauer: 'I think moms and dads and kids agree to disagree all over the world, so why would our family be any different?

'There can be healthy discussion when people disagree with you and I think there should be,' he told Lauer in the interview.

'The bad thing is when it turns to venom and negativity and we don't have that in our family.'

Brad stunned fans when he took his lookalike brother Doug to the premiere of Ocean's Twelve back in 2004, but is said to have always had a close relationship with his younger sibling.

article-2167818-13E58FED000005DC-594_634x355

article-2167818-13E58FE6000005DC-437_634x346

Straight man: Brad Pitt's little brother admitted today that in real life 'I don't mow much'

In real life, Brad's younger sibling is the owner of ServiceWorld Computer Center in Springfield, Missouri, where he lives with his family.

The accomplished younger Pitt was at one time the chairman of the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce.

He also has a real estate company and has also had some success as a photojournalist.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz206vPByHy

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    07_tom_cruise_katie_165853_2

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    RUBBINO86 TIROLESE26 RUBBINO86

LA PANCHINA DI MARIELLA