La panchina di Mariella Forever

TERE PARRA TRAGEDY

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

A woman is paralysed after falling 20 feet from a tree and snapping her spinal cord while playing a version of The Hunger Games.
    Tere Parra, from Mexico, had recently returned from a mission to Los Angeles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints before the life-changing accident on June 2.
    On that fateful day, the 25-year-old had climbed a tree in Big Springs Park in Provo Canyon, Utah, to escape her opponents while playing a mock version of The Hunger Games.
    Scroll down for video
    article-2165039-13CD4918000005DC-345_634x437
    Tragedy: Tere Parra, from Mexico, had climbed a tree in Big Springs Park in Provo Canyon, Utah, to escape her opponents while playing a mock version of The Hunger Games. She then fell 20 foot, breaking her spinal code - leaving her paralysed from the waist down

article-2165039-13CD491D000005DC-64_306x423article-2165039-13CD4904000005DC-231_306x423
    Intensive care: Parra's family and friends have started fundraising to help with medical costs. She has
    But the woman tragically fell 20 feet when the branch gave way, crashing to the floor with great impact. She broke two vertebrae in her back, three ribs, and her eye socket, as well as puncturing her lung in the fall.
    ‘I knelt down beside her and I was near her head,’ Leah Pettit, who took part in the game, told KSL. ‘I asked her what do you need and she said, "Please get everyone way".'

More...
    Christian outrage as Basic Instinct director plans film of Jesus being the child of Roman soldier who raped Virgin Mary
    Girl, three, found ALIVE in her dead mother's arms after they are thrown 200ft from their home by deadly tornado
    Parra, who has no medical insurance, was air-lifted to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center where she was given the harrowing news that she was paralysed from the waist down and she may never walk again.
    She has spent the past 20 days in surgery to repair her shattered face and broken back, according to Deseret News. She has not been able to leave intensive care because of the severity of her injuries.
    With her family and friends desperately trying to raise money online to fund the soaring medical costs, Parra is now getting used to being in a wheelchair.
    article-2165039-13CD4908000005DC-624_634x831
    Devastating: After her fall the 25-year-old was airlifted to hospital. After emergency surgery she was told the devastating news that she may never walk again
    article-2165039-13CD4900000005DC-39_634x415
    Upbeat: Parra, left, had recently returned from a mission to Los Angeles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints before the accident. Friends describe her as an 'amazing person' who is remaining positive despite her ordeal
    article-2165039-13CD4B32000005DC-941_634x423
    Provo Canyon: Parra was with friends at the Big Springs Park in Provo Canyon, Utah, when the life-changing accident happened on June 2
    Pettit, who was Parra’s English teacher at the Missionary Training Center, said she was shocked by the news.
    'It was this awful moment of realization that life is going to change for her, and for her friends and family, it will change for us,’ she told Deseret News.
    ‘But here we are, talking, laughing and sharing potato chips. It's going to be fine... She's going to be an inspiration for a lot of people.'
    article-2165039-13B884E6000005DC-220_634x407
    Movie inspiration: Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen in a still from The Hunger Games, which Parra and her friends were trying to reenact
    'She's an amazing person. Everyone who visits her leaves this room laughing, smiling. The nurses love her.’ she added.
    Parra said she spends a lot of time crying and praying but she has accepted her fate. 'I tell God if you've prepared this for me, I'm going to take it. If that is your plan for me, I'm going to take it and be strong. There is hope in everything.'
    Parra’s family and friends have set up a number of fundraising activities to help her with her medical costs. A 5K race will be held on July 14 at Lakeridge Middle School in Orem, followed by a barbeque and a dance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...l#ixzz1yyyFM5nU

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    :04d6ik.gif: :04d6ik.gif:

3. primroselp

User deleted

She's going to be an inspiration for a lot of people. g

2 replies since 27/6/2012, 10:01   177 views