La panchina di Mariella Forever

SAVANNA JACKSON GIRL OBJECT

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

'I didn't want the other girls to have an unfair advantage': Beauty pageant mom defends decision to get her two-year-old spray tanned EVERY MONTH

By Sadie Whitelocks

A mother has defended her decision to give her three-year-old daughter regular spray tans.

Lauren Jackson, 26, from Michigan, first took her toddler to a beauty salon at the age of two in a bid to boost her beauty pageant career.

And now blonde-haired Savanna goes for monthly tanning sessions before every contest while a professional make-up artist is booked to apply eye-liner, mascara and lipstick.

article-2155225-13794769000005DC-901_634x821
    Harmless fun? Lauren Jackson, 26, from Michigan, pictured with her bronzed daughter Savanna

article-2155225-137926AA000005DC-404_306x694article-2155225-1379268E000005DC-148_306x694
    Savanna goes for monthly tanning sessions before every competition while a professional make-up artist is booked to apply eye-liner, mascara and lipstick

Ms Jackson decided to enter her daughter into a beauty show at just 10-months-old and she quickly noticed that many of the young contestants were using tanning agents.
    After much consideration she decided to take the plunge and now spray tans have become a norm for the youngster.

While at the salon Savanna stands in a special tent while being sprayed with an air brush and a roller is then used to even out any blotchy patches.

article-2155225-137926CC000005DC-24_634x799
    Star quality: Savanna Jackson, 3, on stage during a pageant competition

article-2155225-13792748000005DC-7_306x529article-2155225-137926A2000005DC-374_306x529

Before and after: Savanna's mother books a make-up artist before every contest

Explaining her decision Ms Jackson - who spends up to £3,000 per month taking Savanna to pageants - said: 'I'd seen another contestant with a tan and not wanting the other girls to have an unfair advantage, I got her one too.
    Smile for the camera: Savanna on stage

Smile for the camera: Savanna on stage

'I was worried it might harm her young skin, so I consulted my doctor who reassured me there would be no side effects and it was 100 per cent safe.

'Savanna stands with her legs apart and arms out and with an air brush they will tan her body. They don't spray tan her face as I don't want her swallowing any of the tanning chemicals.

'They then use make-up on her face to make sure the colour matches.'

Savanna, now aged three, also has a modelling coach who teaches her how to walk down the catwalk and work on her poses.

The first competition she entered was a 'natural pageant' which allows little or no make-up and limited amounts of embellishments on the gown or dress.

To the delight of the family Savanna won, and bitten by the bug, she was entered into more and more pageants.

Ms Jackson said: "There is a line but I strongly feel I've kept Savanna on the right side of it. I'd never even consider surgery or Botox - she already wears more make-up than I do!

'And I'm not one of those mums screaming at their child from the sidelines urging them to try harder. Savanna loves the limelight.

'She's a natural and, I know it sounds silly, but I believe she was born to be on stage. I just want her to have the best possible opportunity to win.'

Little Savanna, who 'loves' her darker skin tone, according to her mother, added: 'My favourite routine is swimwear and I love winning the biggest crowns!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...l#ixzz1wvLBLyAQ

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    :huh: :huh: :huh:

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    article-2155225-137926B2000005DC-342_306x513

Group