La panchina di Mariella Forever

BRIAN HARTLINE

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Did this at the request of Omar Kelly tonight. I thought it was a worthwhile venture.
    brian-hartline-2-260x300
    I was very impressed with Brian Hartline during the season and have penciled him in as the Dolphins' top receiver for a while, and this exercise really just confirmed it for me. He was a good player in 2011 but did not get featured enough because of the domineering presence of Brandon Marshall in the offense, as well as the over-reliance on Davone Bess who is more of a crutch for lesser talented quarterbacks, in my opinion.
    brian-hartline
    In an offense like Green Bay's, you could sub him in for a Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings and he would produce. Not necessarily to the same level as those two, but he would produce nonetheless. It's easy to see why Joe Philbin would like this guy as he displays almost the exact skill set Philbin looked for from his other guys like Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver and Greg Jennings. He does not quite have Jennings' deep speed, nor Nelson's run-after-catch ability, but he shows a lot of the same traits as those guys. The one thing I know Philbin will want him to work on is keeping his feet after the catch so that he can get more yards after the catch.

I have not put his incompletions on video but I will say this...the incompletions are almost as impressive as the completions in that there is generally a fair amount of separation, some bare misses, force-outs, poorly thrown passes, bad quarterback decisions, late throws, etc. Not very many of the incomplete passes were really on Hartline either for dropping the football or failing to create separation.

Here are the completions.
    Miami Dolphins WR Brian Hartline 2011

The whole exercise reminded me of something similar I did for Miles Austin right before he broke out. Brian Hartline is not Miles Austin, but he's better than generally given credit for. I've asked people this question a lot, whenever they compare Miami's "headless" receiver situation to Green Bay's, whether they believe Miami has a future Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings on this roster. I personally do not believe Miami has one. However, if I'm wrong, my money is on Hartline being the underrated guy.

0 replies since 25/5/2012, 19:25   33 views