This is the first picture of a 14-year-old girl who died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on a family camping holiday.
Hannah Thomas-Jones was found alongside her parents and younger brother who were all discovered unconscious in their tent yesterday morning by other members of their family.
They are seriously ill in hospital, but the girl was pronounced dead at the at the site in Bucknell, Shropshire, where the family had spent the bank holiday weekend.
Her 11-year-old brother was airlifted by helicopter from the campsite for emergency hospital treatment.
Devastated: Hannah Thomas-Jones poses outdoors. She was killed by carbon monoxide after her family 'took a BBQ' inside their tent while camping
Tragic: Hannah Thomas-Jones left died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after the family took a disposable BBQ into their tent
Devastated pals today paid tribute to the popular teenager on social networking site Facebook.
A page set up in dedication to hockey-mad Hannah called 'RIP Hannah Thomas Jones. You will never be forgotten' had attracted over 200 'likes' yesterday afternoon (Mon).
Third Briton dies in hotel fall: Woman plunges from a third floor terrace in resort of Magaluf
Man slips to his death from muddy path as 'Monsoon May' rain continues to soak Britain
Friend Shelby Lloyd wrote: 'R.I.P Hannah you will be sadly missed bye all of your family and friends you will always be misted and there will always be in everybody hearts forever and ever you are 1 in a million we wish we could change turn back time , you always cheered us up when we were sad you always made people laugh and never got upset easily even if you were you always carried on as normal Hannah everyone loves you ! R.I.P.;
While Tom Dean simply wrote: 'Love you Han xxx' another pal Katrina Louise O'brien said: 'Hannah I will miss u so much. Can't think how it is going to be different in school with out u xxxx'
Another friend wrote: 'Love you Hannah, you had an amazing life and no one will ever forget you.'
Friend Hannah Stanyer wrote: 'Everything is going to be so different without you
Miss you already!
Please come back!'
Today three officers from West Mercia Police could be seen collecting bags and clothesfrom the tent belonging to the family.
Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust released a statement on behalf of the family saying: 'Our priority as a family is to ensure that the three people in hospital get well and are fully recovered.
Investigation: Policeman carry rucksacks from the tents at at the beauty spot where Hannah died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
Tragedy: The camp site behind the Baron at Bucknell pub in the Shropshire village of Bucknell, where a teenage girl died and three other members of her family were taken to hospital seriously ill
Emergency: Paramedics attended the family at the campsite as well as fire engines and an air ambulance
'We are devastated by this tragic accident and will release a full statement at a later date.'
The family were camping at a beauty spot and are thought to have taken a disposable barbecue into their tent to keep warm after temperatures fell to around 2c (36f) on Saturday night.
There has been a spate of such tragedies recently, with campers overcome by noxious fumes after using portable devices.
Three sisters, their husbands and children had all travelled to the campsite for the bank holiday weekend. It is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with stunning views of rolling Shropshire hills.
They had a family barbecue on Saturday evening in a central eating area around which their tents were pitched.
When one of the families did not emerge from their tent yesterday morning, a relative went in to find them all unconscious. The barbecue was in the porch of their tent.
Phil Wright, who owns the campsite and The Baron at Bucknell pub next to it, said yesterday: ‘It seems the family went to bed with a disposable barbecue in their tent and suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.
Poisoned: The teenage girl was confirmed dead at the scene
Hospital: The teenager's 11-year-old brother and parents are being treated at The Royal Shrewsbury
25 PEOPLE DIE EVERY YEAR FROM CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
Dubbed the silent killer, carbon monoxide poisoning claims the lives of 25 people in Britain every year.
Research suggests the number of deaths could be higher than official figures suggest, as medical staff do not always test for poisoning.
As the gas is colourless and odourless, people with faulty appliances often fall unconscious without realising anything is wrong.
Portable BBQs must always be used in an area with proper ventilation, preferably outside, due to the potential rapid build up of the deadly gas.
Low levels of exposure can cause dizziness, headaches and flu-like symptoms. It can quickly knock someone out by depriving them of oxygen and at high levels can kill in minutes.
Wealthy British businessman Philip Townsend, 55, and his wife MaryAnne, 52, are believed to have fallen victim to carbon monoxide while on holiday in Estonia last month.
The couple died in a converted barn which they are believed to have bought last year.
Millionaire's daughter Zoe Anderson, 24, (pictured) died from carbon monoxide poisoning after a gas fitter 'botched' a boiler installation in Bath, Somerset.
Andrew Hartley, 37, was convicted of manslaughter earlier this year after failing to properly secure the flue pipe to a new boiler in December 2010.
Last year, Tracy Screen, 35, died after being overcome by carbon monoxide while camping.
It is thought the fumes drifted in from a barbecue outside her tent in Gyrn Goch, Caernarfon.
‘The alarm was raised at around 9.45 this morning. One of the sisters came and said, ‘‘We need an ambulance urgently’’. The emergency services were on the scene within five minutes. They worked on the girl for some time but they couldn’t save her.
‘It has been devastating. It is really tragic. Nobody has done anything wrong, they have just not realised the dangers of disposable barbecues.’
His wife Debra broke down in tears as she described how they had called local paramedics and a nurse who lives nearby when the alarm was raised.
She said: ‘It was absolutely awful.’
West Midlands Ambulance Service said a man, a woman and a young boy were taken to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
A spokesman said: ‘Crews arrived at the campsite to find CPR being carried out on a girl who was in cardiac arrest.
‘Ambulance crews continued resuscitation efforts in an attempt to restart the girl’s heart. Sadly, despite their best efforts nothing could be done to save the girl and she was confirmed dead at the scene.
‘A boy, believed to be 11 years old, was suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. Due to his serious condition he was airlifted to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. A woman and man were taken by land ambulance to the same hospital.’
Fellow camper Geoff Brookes, 57, a design engineer from Kidderminster, Worcestershire, said: ‘We heard they had taken a barbecue stove into the tent.
'Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. There was nothing they could do for the girl.
'They had three family-sized tents and they were all camped together. They seemed like a normal, happy group enjoying a bank holiday weekend.’
The small camp in the picturesque village covers about half an acre and the tents where the family were staying, arranged around a green gazebo, were cordoned off by police tape last night.
Relatives of the girl said they had been ‘devastated’ by the tragedy.
Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade, of West Mercia Police, said: ‘We are treating the girl’s death as unexplained, but at this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.’
A man aged 55 and a 51-year-old woman were being treated in hospital for burns following an explosion at around 6.45am yesterday inside a touring caravan parked at a farm near Goathland, North Yorkshire. Both come from Whitby. Police and fire officers are investigating.