La panchina di Mariella Forever

OWEN BRAZIL

« Older   Newer »

1. ¥-EternBoyX-¥

User deleted

'Got a Boots here, me and a few friends have been in here a few times.' Owen Brazil, 29, from Manchester, is giving the cameras a tour of his home town.
    But this isn't your average tour and certainly not one you'd find in a guidebook. Brazil is a self-confessed shoplifter and he's pointing out his favourite 'shopping' spots to documentary makers from Channel 5.
    'There's a Toys R Us store, I can't go in there anymore because I sort of got caught in the act and they know me now,' he continues.
    article-0-18CACD4100000578-79_634x356
    Public service: Owen Brazil, 29, from Manchester, claims his crimes are for the benefit of struggling families
    'With ASDA, what I was doing there was going in there every day, sometimes twice a day and I just didn't care. I was coming out with £150, £200 worth of shopping each time, like bam, bam, just straight out.

'There are quite a lot of stuff people want out of here, you know, put orders in for me.'
    In the UK, there's a theft every 10 seconds, a total of four million over the course of a year with a price tag of £1.3 billion a year to business.
    Despite the high rates of offending, only seven per cent of shoplifting crimes are recorded and even fewer result in a trial, conviction and prison.
    As a result, Brazil, who receives a jobseeker's allowance of £130 a fortnight and lives in a modern, taxpayer-funded flat, is unconcerned about the consequences.
    'After me bills, I've got £50 a day [as a result of shoplifting],' he explains.'That's what I like to live on.
    'You feel cheeky, and yeah, you get a bit of a buzz [from stealing], especially when you're doing it over and over again and you keep getting away with it.'
    article-0-18CACC4800000578-637_634x356
    Professional: Brazil (right) steals to order and says he likes to have £50 a day to live on after he's paid his bills
    article-0-18CACC3B00000578-252_634x356
    Notorious: Jade Underwood, 23, is banned from more than 80 shops in Stockport thanks to her stealing
    Ban: Jade's CRASBO means she must travel to other towns to steal as she is not allowed into shops closer to home
    Ban: Jade's CRASBO means she must travel to towns outside of Stockport to steal
    Like Brazil, Jade Underwood, 23, from Stockport, steals almost every day and also like Brazil, much of it is taken to order.
    Despite a CRASBO [Crime and Antisocial Behaviour Order] that has put more than 80 shops in Stockport off limits, Underwood continues to steal and travels to nearby towns where her face isn't known to shop owners.
    'I'm not really arsed what people think about me,' she says. 'I get most people going, "oh look at her, little tramp's on a CRASBO". So what mate?
    'There's one [CRASBO notice] in McKay, one in Next and one in the back of Boots, or something,' she adds.
    'I didn't think it would go this bad. They're everywhere around Stockport. They've proper hotted me out. It's horrendous!'
    Business owners might loathe her, but for Underwood's cousin Sasha, her light-fingered relation is a godsend.
    'I ain't paying £15 for a bottle of make-up when I can get her to rob it for me,' says Sasha. 'She'll just pinch it from Boots or something...
    'You know her, f***ing thieving little cow! If she's got something decent, I'll buy it off her like anyone else would. Give her three quid and a couple of fags and she's laughing, isn't she?'
    And Sasha isn't alone. 'Everyone likes a bargain, don't they?,' claims Brazil. 'We just sell things for a third of the price.
    'You go down the pub and straight away, say there's 25-30 people in the pub, and basically, you just lay whatever you've got out on a table and bam, it's gone in seconds.
    'People might see that as wrong but the people who are buying it don't. They're happy. You're doing a good deed, helping people out who are struggling.
    article-0-19A44F1A000005DC-572_306x423

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...l#ixzz2i3SPYwUH
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

0 replies since 18/10/2013, 08:06   22 views