La panchina di Mariella Forever

BRITTANY MOLINA

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

Being Valentine's Day, it might have been hoped that an impromptu letter would be filled with admiring comments and sweet remarks.
    Unfortunately for one young woman she was passed a note by a fellow student.. offering some stern words about her sense of style.
    Brittany Molina, 21, who studies accountancy at Brigham Young University, Utah, was walking through campus when a young man approached her with a sheet of paper - and then dashed away.
    On Valentine's Day, Miss Molina posted on Twitter: 'So this boy came up to me... I thought he was giving me a love note. Turns out...'
    The 'helpful', handwritten advice reads: 'You may want to consider that what you're wearing has a negative effect on men (and women) around you.
    'Many people come to this university because they feel safe, morally as well as physically, here.
    'They expect others to abide by the Honor Code that we all agreed on.
    'Please consider your commitment to the Honor Code (which you agreed to) when dressing each day. Thank you.'
    Miss Molina then wrote on Twitter: 'I'll remember to dress in jeans, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes tomorrow. That way I don't make people feel uncomfortable.'
    Dozens of the student's followers have commented on the derisory 'Valentine'.
    Although most comments were supportive of Miss Molina there were words of support for the unknown letter writer.
    One student tweeted to Miss Molina: 'Sweetie, I think it's cuz your cleavage is showing. Lookt @ all ur flickr pics & u show 2 much sometimes. Wear a tanktop under.'
    Brigham Young University was founded and continues to be supported by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    article-2102234-11C546ED000005DC-874_634x543
    Happy Valentine's Day: The note was handed to 21-year-old student at BYU which is heavily influenced by Mormonism
    The college is heavily influenced by Mormonism and offers students the opportunity to not only study but to focus on their faith.
    Students must follow on honor code which along with abstaining from alcohol, tobacco, coffee and swearing, asks that they follow a dress code.
    BYU requires that female students don't dress in revealing or form-fitting clothing and that skirts are knee-length or longer. Excessive piercings and 'extreme' hairstyles are also banned.

article-2102234-11C55967000005DC-469_306x423article-2102234-11C5596B000005DC-205_306x423
    Scolded: Brittany Molina, who studies accountancy, was told by a stranger that her dress sense had a 'negative' effect on fellow students
    article-2102234-11C56D4B000005DC-197_306x450

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...l#ixzz1mefMdBhQ

0 replies since 17/2/2012, 16:54   218 views