La panchina di Mariella Forever

ASHLEY DUNCAN SUICIDE

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

A popular high school student committed suicide after her cries for help to her hundreds of online friends were ignored.
    Ashley Duncan, 17, wrote 'I finally got a gun' and then posted a picture of a revolver which, soon after, it is believed she used to shoot herself dead.
    It followed a series of increasingly dark posts on Tumblr and Twitter where she talked of suicide, questioned the meaning of her life and said she was 'miserable'.
    She wrote: 'Life ain't worth the pain. if you know or have known what it feels like to want to die every minute second hour day week month year then you feel me.
    'I might not struggle financially but I struggle emotionally and mentally and I think that's the worst struggle.
    'So in asking why can't it be my choice to die now?… I’m miserable.
    'One day I won't be here anymore and that'll be the happiest day of my life… I'm tired and I'm done with this life.'
    'It's like God is torturing me by keeping me here.' She also wrote: 'The only thing that made me happy is gone…I'm miserable.'
    The 'thing' she refers to is not clear, but a previous post suggests she had just split up with a partner.
    She had written: 'My heart is broken. I'm not picking up the pieces and I'm not gonna rely on anybody to put my heart back together. It's just that destroyed.'
    article-0-118BA4D9000005DC-868_634x378
    Weapon: Ashley Duncan posted this picture of a revolver, which she was holding, before she killed herself
    article-0-118BA4CD000005DC-901_634x293
    Boast: Ashley Duncan told her followers on Twitter that she had 'finally got a gun' before she used it to kill herself
    Keen volleyball player Duncan was said to be a popular student at Bellaire High School, where she reportedly left in October to move to Pershing High School to graduate early.
    But on Monday the seemingly happy teenager walked to a reservoir near the intersection of Braes Forest Drive and Portal Drive and killed herself.

More...
    Husband held in pregnant Craigslist hooker mom's death placed on suicide watch... but still hasn't been charged
    First picture of student, 22, who jumped to her death from luxury high-rise housing UN diplomats after fight with boyfriend
    Christian parents of gay teenager who killed himself performed 'exorcism' to try to cure him
    High school student, 18, sent 144 tweets pouring out her pain before killing herself
    Her Bellaire friends said they thought the posts were a joke. Theresa Sosa said: 'I didn’t exactly pay attention to it because she would always play around. I never thought she was serious.
    'After that, everybody should take everyone serious. Don’t ever underestimate what somebody is capable of doing.'
    article-0-118BC3F5000005DC-547_634x371
    Cry for help: Ashley Duncan posted this message on Tumblr in the days leading up to her suicide
    article-0-118BC38D000005DC-150_634x534
    Warning: She also told her hundreds of followers how she was 'miserable' but they all thought it was a joke
    Kelly Fowlkes added: 'People were "liking" it and not really putting two and two together. It's a sad tragedy.' And fellow student Isaiah Laprint said the death was 'a wake up call'.
    He said: 'When you see anybody posting an image of a gun and saying they're going to kill themselves, you need to call that person or call their parent.'
    Suicide prevention advocate Bill Berger said the tragedy could have stemmed from today's trend of expressing serious feelings online rather than in person.
    He said: 'A lot of times, people do have that one final outburst of a call for help.
    'In the olden days, you had to talk face to face. Now we have this wall of protection called the Internet and I think it's easier for people to release their feelings.'
    Duncan may have believed her friends were listening, but in reality no-one can guarantee that people in the cyberworld are paying attention.
    article-0-118BA4D5000005DC-514_634x389
    Destroyed: Ashley Duncan said her 'heart was broken' in a tweet two days before her death
    article-0-118BA505000005DC-108_306x423article-0-118BA4F9000005DC-426_306x423

Patrol: Police kept security tight around the Houston reservoir after Ashley Duncan killed herself
    Duncan's mother told FOX 26: 'Parents should pay more attention to their kids, and kids should talk, not text.'
    Dozens of online posts have re-itirated the message, with Craigorylevon posting on Tumblr: 'If you ever find yourself in the position that you don't want to live anymore, just please talk it out before you decide to do anything. Talking Helps A lot.
    And Shortmocha added: 'A few years back my friend/ex-boyfriend committed suicide as well, and I’m reminded of it when I think of this circumstance.
    'Could it have been prevented? Are we always so caught up in our own lives that we fail to realize when those closest to us need help?
    'In her case all of the signs were there. Her tumblr posts showed that she had planned on taking her life and it seems that no one paid any attention. She tweeted about finally getting a gun, and even posted a picture of her with it, just like my ex did.'
    The suicide follows that of 18-year-old student Ashley Billasano, from nearby Rosenberg, who sent 144 tweets expressing her pain and grief before killing herself in November.
    article-0-118BA4F1000005DC-139_634x323
    Education: Students at Bellaire High School were left in shock following Ashley Duncan's death
    article-0-118BA4E9000005DC-495_306x402

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1l84ZvXV6

2. EternBoyX

User deleted

Oni-pic

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    :cupido:

4. EternBoyX

User deleted

Monday, Ashley Duncan didn’t go to school. Instead, she used the Internet Sunday and into Monday, her Twitter and Tumblr accounts, to tell anyone who was listening that she was in too much pain to handle alone. No one listened. Friends say they thought she was joking even as she posted a picture of a revolver that she’d “…finally found…”. Then, Monday, Ashley, 17, took that newfound revolver and ended her life.

She spoke of being in too much pain. She spoke bluntly: “Life ain’t worth all the pain.” She spoke of wanting to die “…every minute, second, hour, day, month, year…”. No one took that seriously. Now, sadly, she’s gone.

I’m involved in several anti-bullying, anti-suicide groups and communities online. It’s not unusual at all to read distressing messages from young people. In fact, I read them almost daily. And, in truth, there have been one or two that have raised the suspicion “I wonder if (s)he’s serious or just pulling my leg?” In a couple cases, my gut told me that I was just being played with. However, I understand that they could also be serious about it and in a very precarious situation. I take every call for help seriously until I find out otherwise. And, even if then, I’ll follow up a couple time just to make sure things are ok. A human life is too precious to do otherwise. Unfortunately, now Ashley’s friends will have a lifetime of second-guessing themselves, wondering if they could’ve been the one to save her life. The answer will never be known.

This won’t be the first time I’ve said this: listening goes such a long way. Not just hearing. I’m hearing a wonderful song being played on the overhead music player right now; however, I’m not listening to it. I’m focused on Ashley Duncan’s suicide right now. Listening requires attention. If every one of use can hone the fine art of listening, we can undoubtedly save lives. There’s almost always a cry for help before disaster strikes. We have to be able to pay attention, to listen, in order to hear it. If someone had listened to Ashley, she’d be alive today.

Sadly, that’s not the case. Sadly, her friends and family now must say goodbye. Rest in peace, Ashley Duncan. You have our attention now. Sorry it came too late.
    Written by ronskemp
    February 2, 2012 at 12:18 am

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    :cupido:

4 replies since 1/2/2012, 12:40   2685 views