La panchina di Mariella Forever

JOSHUA HOULGATE COLLAPSES AND DIES

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

A 10-year-old schoolboy died after collapsing while building a snowman with a friend, despite his parents' frantic efforts to revive him.
    Joshua Houlgate complained that he was feeling ill while playing in Castleford, West Yorkshire.
    The friend's father dialled 999 and performed chest compressions after Joshua, who suffered from autism, collapsed and became unconscious.
    Joshua's mother Sara, 35, rushed to the scene and performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation as she tried to save her only child's life.
    His father Jeffrey arrived minutes later before the boy was taken to Pindefields Hospital, Wakefield.
    He was later pronounced dead by doctors.
    Fighting back tears, Joshua's grandmother Rose, 63, said: 'He went out to play as fit as a fiddle. It is just unbelievable.
    'He was a loving boy who loved his dog Jack. Jack would try to get out of his way because Josh wanted to hug him all the time.'
    His mother Sara said: 'All we know at the moment is that it appears as though he has had a fit.'
    Mrs Houlgate hailed the friend's father, Simon Thompson, for his efforts to help Joshua in the moments after he collapsed.
    She said: 'I can’t thank him enough for trying so hard to save my son’s life.'
    Mr Thompson, 29, said: 'Anybody would have done the same to try to save him. I feel numb to be honest.'

More...
    And you thought last weekend was cold! Freezing low of -13C is forecast as melting snow turns into ice
    'I don't know why they chose me': Boy speaks of 'hate attack' by Asian gang that has left him fighting for his sight
    Freezing weather causes highly contagious winter vomiting bug to spread across Britain
    Joshua had suffered from epilepsy when he was younger, but had not had a fit for two to three years.
    His father Jeff, a warehouse worker, said his son had been trying to make an igloo when he collapsed.
    He said: ''On Sunday morning he was desperate to get out and play with his friends. He ate his breakfast as fast as he could and rushed out.
    article-2097634-119FB791000005DC-832_468x376
    Battle: Simon Thompson, 29, pictured fought to save Joshua Houlgate's life here after he collapsed while playing in the snow with friends on Sunday
    'He was like any young boy, he loved the snow and last year had a great time out sledging.
    'We don't get snow often so he was excited when he was watching
    the snow fall on Saturday.
    'He and his friends went sledging first and then found an open space where they were building what they called an igloo.
    'I wasn't there, but his friends said he just leant on a tree and said he
    didn't feel well. Then he just collapsed. There was nothing anybody could do.
    'As soon as I heard what had happened I rushed out to where Josh was. Obviously I'm grateful to Simon for his help.
    'They doctors have told us he may have had a fit. He had epilepsy when he was much younger but the fits weren't brought on by anything in particular and they haven't happened for at least three years.'
    Joshua was a pupil at Smawthorne Henry Moore Primary School, Castleford.
    Headteacher Julie Murray said yesterday: 'We are very saddened by the tragic death of Joshua and send our sincere sympathies to his family and friends.
    'Joshua held a very special place in our hearts. He was a much-loved pupil who was well liked by his friends and all the staff at school.
    'We are a very close-knit school community and are supporting the children and staff to help them come to terms with what has happened.'
    A special assembly was held for fellow pupils to pray for Joshua and his family.
    Mrs Murray said: 'We have also set up a memory board where the children can share memories of Joshua and remember the special times we had together in school.'
    A spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Police there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Joshua’s death.
    The spokeswoman added: 'A post mortem will be carried out and a file will be passed to the coroner.'

article-2097634-119F8F5E000005DC-730_233x339
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1ljsI2mGZ

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    :huh: :huh:

1 replies since 7/2/2012, 23:49   50 views