La panchina di Mariella Forever

SHEM DAVIES

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

A 30-year-old, who last year became Britain's youngest grandfather, has been dumped by his girlfriend who claims he is a useless parent and regularly drinks up to 14 pints of lager a night.
    Unemployed Shem Davies, from Bridgend, Wales, hit the headlines after his daughter Tia gave birth to baby girl Ava Grace a week before her 15th birthday.
    Davies and former girlfriend Kelly John, 30, had become parents to Tia at the age of 15. Their daughter's boyfriend, Jordan Williams, was also 15 when he became a dad.
    article-2086912-0F77C5D400000578-712_306x561article-2086912-0F77C42000000578-814_308x562

Split: Robyn Thomas has dumped Britain's youngest grandfather Shem Davies (right) claiming he is a rubbish dad who regularly drinks up to 14 pints of lager a day
    Now long-suffering Robyn Thomas, 22, who recently had a baby boy with Davies, has been forced to move herself and the child into a hostel claiming she has had enough of his heavy drinking and feckless lifestyle.

When he became a grandfather last year at the age of 29, Davies boasted he would do everything he could to give little Ava Grace the best possible start in life.
    But his promises proved short-lived and, according to Robyn, he soon began spending his evenings in the pub drinking pint after pint of Carling Lager before sleeping during the day .
    Robyn, who was studying Law at university before falling pregnant, said she was frightened to move into a hostel but was unable to afford the deposit for a flat.
    article-0-0D3DE4FB00000578-63_634x633
    Father, daughter and granddaughter: Britain's youngest grandfather Shem Davies pictured in August last year with his daughter Tia, 15 and her baby Gracie
    She claims Davies, who was only 14 when he first became a father and split from the mother when his daughter was only three months old, refuses to look after Eli for even one night a week because he does not want to miss out on his pub sessions.
    She told the People newspaper: 'He'd start early in the afternoon and finish when the pub closed. He wasn't willing to change. It was hard and it was too much.
    article-2086912-001F7248000004B0-528_306x423
    Drink problem: According to long suffering Robyn Davies regularly downs up to 14 pints of lager a day
    'I was frightened and disgusted that I had to go into a hostel.
    'I was very down and thought "what sort of person am I to go into a hostel?"
    'I want to have the baby full-time because I'm his mother. Shem wouldn't want Eli all the time anyway. He likes his space too much.'
    Incredibly Robyn described Davies as a 'fabulous person' and said that for months she was desperate to get back with him.
    The pair spent Christmas together and, despite neither having a job, bought the youngster a motorised quad bike.
    But Robyn soon realised that drink would always come first with him and decided she had to move out.
    At first she stayed with her father before moving in with friends.
    But she was eventually forced to opt for a hostel as there simply wasn't enough room.
    Robyn, who met Davies while she was working behind the bar at Llangeionor Football Club in Bridgend in 2007, said drink transforms him.
    She added: 'I wouldn't mind if he had three or four pints but he can't hold back and doesn't know when to stop.
    'The only time he stops is when the pub says: "we're closed now - ta - ta."'
    According to Robyn, Davies was shocked when he found out that his daughter was pregnant because she was such a shy person.
    She said that he does try to see his granddaughter on a regular basis but isn't allowed to visit as much as he would like.
    When asked about his former partner's claims Davies told the People she was lying because she wanted the money and that it had been entirely her choice to move into a hostel.
    He then hung up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1jbV4qJES

0 replies since 16/1/2012, 08:28   122 views