La panchina di Mariella Forever

ANDREW McCARREN

« Older   Newer »

1. EternBoyX

User deleted

A TV news reporter was driven off air by threats on Facebook after she did an expose on underage drinking in Washington, D.C.
    Andrew McCarren, who works for CBS affiliate WUSA-TV in the U.S. capital, has said she and her family faced abuse after she ran a series of reports on underage drinking in northwest Washington.
    But after one report showed teenagers buying alcohol from a store without being asked for identification, her station's Facebook page was flood with angry messages.
    article-2102476-11C752E9000005DC-971_468x286
    Abuse: TV reporter Andrew McCarren took herself off air after her family was subjected to attacks on Facebook over a series of reports on underage drinking
    Her teenage children also faced bullying at school and Ms McCarren made the decision to go off air for two of he stories.
    She told CBS: 'At first I was frightened and then I became angry. It felt like an orchestrated Facebook and Twitter campaign of hate.
    'People put my home address on the internet. There were calls for revenge and retaliation against my family.
    'It seems like these suburban, affluent kids have simply never been told "no". They have an inflated sense of entitlement.'
    article-2102476-11C753D8000005DC-773_468x286
    Expose: Ms McCarren confronts a shop owner who has allegedly sold alcohol to people underage
    article-2102476-11C74DAA000005DC-502_468x286
    Backlash: Ms McCarren's children were also subjected to bullying at school in Washington, D.C., after the reports exposed underage drinking
    Parents of the children who appeared in the TV reports, some of the held at a party where underage drinking was taking place, also attacked the TV reporter and have threatened to sue the TV network.
    One was overheard telling their child in front of police officers 'why didn't you run?'
    Ms McCarren has since returned to her station's broadcast and said underage drinking was a big problem.
    She said she was shocked after police and the Control Board failed to take action on one store identified in the reports, Town Square Market.
    One girl stopped outside the store said she was 18 and had been buying alcohol illegally from the shop for two years.
    article-2102476-11C7522A000005DC-469_468x286
    Hostile: Threats to Ms McCarren and her teenage children were posted on the WUSA-TV Facebook page and her home address was also published on the internet

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...l#ixzz1meb4flUS

0 replies since 17/2/2012, 16:36   216 views